OSS Physical & Hand Therapy is unique because we also specialize in Hand Therapy. This means we’re able to treat a variety of specific hand conditions and issues such as finger and wrist fractures, tendon lacerations or ruptures, muscle strains, ligament laxity, autoimmune diseases, joint deformities, tendinitis, pain disorders, nerve compressions and dystonia.
Conditions treated include:
- Degenerative progressive disorders: Parkinson’s, ALS, Multiple
- Fractures: finger, hand, wrist, forearm and elbow
- Joint disruptions, sprains or deformities: Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Ligament rupture, instability or strain
- Muscle strains, weakness, pain disorders from trauma or degeneration
- Nerve compression or lacerations: trauma or soft tissue injury for repetitive motion
- Pain disorders
- Strength and conditioning restoring function weakened by chronic or autoimmune conditions
- Tendon strain, lacerations or ruptures
Hand Therapy Treatment Plans include:
- ADL modification and retraining for the activities of daily living of life that maximize function.
- Coordination and fine motor retraining including writing.
- Customized education of the patient’s condition and therapeutic outcomes to provide comfort and awareness of the therapy process.
- Home symptom and exercise management programs are customized per person and diagnosis.
- Joint, soft and scar tissue mobilization to release tight joints, muscles, fascia and adhesions to maximize tendon gliding, muscle function and motor control.
- Modalities: Infrared Low Level Light Therapy, Ultrasound, Electrical
- Stimulation for pain, swelling or muscle re-education, Paraffin wax, contrast baths, and hot & cold packs.
- Sensory re-education for nerve injuries with joint protection and energy conservation techniques for pain or autoimmune disorders.
- Custom splinting and taping for protection, stability, flexibility and performance to protect healing structures and minimize re-injury.
- Therapeutic exercise and functional activities for flexibility, mobility, stability, strength, fitness and performance.