Telehealth is videoconference (called Telehealth) with your OSS physical therapist or hand therapist by smartphone or computer. Telehealth appointments work best when you and your therapist need to treat an existing orthopaedic condition already seen.
Have a visit from wherever you are. No driving, no traffic. Save time AND maintain peace of mind. Make a telehealth appointment by calling or emailing us.
Prep for appointment.
- You should receive a text that includes this link: A telehealth video link (you see this info within the link, oss.doxy.me).
- Use one of these devices: a working smartphone, tablet, or computer with a working camera, microphone, and internet connection.
- Use one of these for your internet browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Samsung Internet.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing and give yourself plenty of space for movement.
Log in 5 minutes before your appointment.
- Click on the first Telehealth link (sent to you by text).
- To view a demo, you can also watch either of these tutorials:
- Test your internet connection by clicking “Pre-Call Test” on the bottom left corner of the virtual waiting room.
- Be ready to upload any diagnostic or lab tests during your telehealth appointment.
- Finally, if your provider is late (10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time), call our office, Burbank: (818) 579-2370 and Glendale: (818) 579-2395 and press zero.
- Health Insurance + Payment Program. OSS does charge a fee for telehealth appointments using any of the three payment programs. If your insurance is in-network with OSS, we will bill your insurance. If your insurance is out-of-network, please speak to an OSS team member about our Out-of-Network Program. If you are not using your health insurance or do not have, you will be charged $150 for your initial evaluation and $90 for each follow-up visit.
- Technical Help. If you need any technical assistance, please visit https://doxy.me/patients